Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Projects in Process: April 5 - 11, 2009

I did it! Andrea's dress is finished except for the hand finishing. Talked to her on the phone and it sounds like she's happy - photos on her will be in two weeks when she comes home for Russian Easter on April 19 (one week after regular Easter).

Kulich and Pascha recipes will be here before. I'm a big advocate of ethnic cooking! And my husband the Russian says I cook better ethnic food than his mother, which for this Irish mama is praise indeed.


What I'd like to accomplish this week:

Butterick 5030 for Andrea.I should be able to finish this today - all I need to do is sew the bodice lining and insert it.

BWOF 01-2008-125 for meIt's the blouse pattern I altered for the two posts on using a sloper. It's cut out and fused - I'm hoping to finish it this week.

BWOF 01-2009-110 - one for me and one for Andrea. In matching fabric, too! We're too old to go for the mother/daughter look, but the first one I sewed didn't really fit me right. So she tried it on, and with a little taking in, it'll fit her. The fabric was FREE! from the BABES, and I scored yards and yards of it. It's a mystery poly knit. Hers is done except for taking in the side seam and re-doing the hem; it's mending really, not sewing. Mine needs the sleeves sewn in and the hem.

I'll probably do these after I finish the dress, while the machines are still threaded with black, even though I have less enthusiasm for them.

Actually, looking these over, I realized that ALL the fabric I'm using was free. Am I cheap or what? The poly silky for the dress and the striped cotton for the blouse came from a good friend who is clearing out her house to prep for selling it. Definitely better me than the landfill! And any BABES who see this, there's a ton more that I'm saving for you guys, next time we meet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Can't wait to see these finished. And you have to take a mother/daughter outfit picture. It's mandatory! ;) And thank you so much for putting me on your blogroll; how sweet!